You can join or renew by choosing one of the following methods:
If you are already a member and need to update any directory information (address, phone, email), contact the Membership Secretary.
Annual dues are:
- $20 introductory first-year membership for residents of the U.S. and Canada
- $30 for individuals or families in the U.S. and Canada
- $25 for students in the U.S. and Canada
- $35 for all other countries and all institutions
Checks submitted must be payable to VdGSA in U.S. currency and drawn on a U.S. bank. Visa and Mastercard are cheerfully accepted.
- VdGSA News: a quarterly newsletter
- Journal of the Viola da Gamba Society of America: a periodic scholarly journal
- Membership List: an annual international listing of members and teachers
- The Conclave, an annual week-long summer event offering professional coaching, performances, and lectures to participants; provides an opportunity for viol enthusiasts to exchange insights and information and to play with friends, old and new.
- Regional Workshops, playing sessions, and other events organized by an extensive network of chapters and area representatives.
- The Traynor Composition for New Music for Viols, a periodic competition offering prizes for outstanding new literature for the viol consort.
- VdGSA Grants to Regions
- VdGSA Music for viols at low prices for members
- Microfilm Collection of music and literature about viols available for rent by members
- Viols (bass, tenor, treble, pardessus) available for rent
- Video on French Baroque viol playing available for purchase
- Grants-in-aid to assist young professionals
For further inquiries about membership, please contact the Membership Secretary.